Sunday 8 April 2012

Cece's Lucky 7

I've been tagged by a friend, author and fellow Inkspeller, Brooke Moss.


Here are the rules:

1.) Go to your current WIP...

2.) Go to the 77th page...

3.) Go to the 7th line...

4.) Copy and paste the next 7 lines...


Alright-y. A while back I shared the 7 from my YA dark fantasy WIP. Today I'm going to share the 7 from another of my current WIP, a sequel from Truly, Madly, Deeply, You. If you've read Truly Madly, then you know the storyline: Friends to Lovers. This one explores how Frey and Liese take their friendship to the next level. This sequel also introduces two more characters who are completely different from Liese and Frey. They are stubborn, bossy, and have a healthy amount of temperament. She is bossy, he is bossier, he is Alpha she is Alpha-ier. (Is that even a word?) None of them like to lose. But underneath all that, are two hearts willing to go the distance.


So here we go: 

"Do you get high annoying me?" Katarina asked,

"No," Vasyl said, his hands shoved in the front pockets of his faded jeans. The expression on his face shifted. Calm demeanour faded to uncertainity, as he rocked on his heels.  His grey eyes, wide and darker than moments before. "It's the only way I know to get your attention, Katarina, to get you to look at me."

Whoa. This was a side of him she'd never seen before. It was very... unsettling.
She folded her arms across her chest and cleared her throat. "You succeeded. You have two minutes. Talk."

They locked gazes. The air in the room seemed to have a life of its own. He shook his head, swivelled on his heels and left the room.  Her jaw dropped, her eyes glued to the door. What just happened?

Ok, those are not 7, but somehow I couldn't bring myself to finish it midway. 

Thanks for tagging me, Brooke. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment