Tuesday 6 November 2012

Nano #1 update--mmh, quite worrying

So, I decided to take part in nano--I just couldn't help it. (I tried last year. Let's just say the wordcount was so low it wasn't funny.) There was much too enthusiasm floating around plus I saw was an opportunity to finally work on a story I've been longing to embark on for awhile now. I joined this writing frenzy.

And frenzied I was for the first two days.

First....a bit about my project:

The title I'm working with right now is 'House of Hearts' a mature young adult contemporary romance. I love the story, the characters--although they are driving me crazy at the moment as they take over my conversations with my patients. It's a much needed break from Reaper's Novice.


Anyway, this year I went in with my story loosely outlined--I'm not sure if my mind really understands the 'outlining' concept, because what I have is something close to words and  a lot of doodling -- and my characters yapping inside my head (which is great because I'm getting to know them). And guess what? The amount of gusto I leapt in with, really helped me whip out 2000 words the first day. Man, was I riding high on adrenaline--or whatever writers ride on when the story  flows smoothly. Until the shifts at work started getting in my way. Now I'm only 4758 words in Nano on the 6th day. Very worrying.


I hope to catch up on my word count and with the story in the next days. I have two free days coming up. So that's about 3577 words to catch up. mmh, as I said, it's quite worrying and I don't want to give up halfway or quarter way, or whatever way for that matter.

I found this cute and useful program: write or die. I'm in love! I can't remember ever loving a software like I do this one. It allows you to type the amount of words and how many minutes one hopes to accomplish to type them out, to gauge how fast one can type. I found out, for about twenty minutes, I could type about 700 words. Pretty cool, I think.

On other news: My daughter's birthday is coming up. Her wish: a costume party. Another wish is one of those costumes from Monster High dolls, Draculaura to be exact. Plus, she would like --has requested several times-- three to four Monster High dolls as gifts. They cost around 32 euros each O_O. I'm sort of resenting this new doll trend right now..LOL. I'm really looking forward to this, though. Birthdays are so much fun!

What about you? What are you looking forward to? Are you Nano-ing this year?


14 comments:

  1. I have been Nano-ing, and looking for you. No need to worry. You can do it. Split the word count you need to make up over the next few days and you'll be back on track in no time.

    Don't give up. . . You . . . Can . . . Do . . . It! Now come on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not done Nano..I tried once but when the month came around I got so swamped..I know you will do very well. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey my NaNo Chick - you're doing awesome! Your word count is great, I'm still under 5.000 words and I've no time to write for the next 3 days, so don't worry - you can always think, I'm still faster than Tina *lol*
    Wish you best luck for your Nano and that everything goes on as planed!
    Greetings Tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Em,
    Thank you! seriously I was begining to think I'll never make it. I'm hopping over to nano and will add you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Savannah
    Oh, it's much fun! but lgets less fun whenI'm lagging behind on the wordcount. :( Thank you. :) I hope to catch up in the next two days.

    Hiya Martina,
    Gosh I think we should meet and celebrate and ..LOL. You'll def. make it. Thank you for the wishes

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehe, that's a good plan. Or we should just make another Goodreads Meeting soon, but the time is kind of rare :/
    Thanks and I keep finger's crossed for both of us :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not officially participating in NaNo, but I am writing two new books this month. Good luck to you, Cecilia!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to your daughter!! I bet her Draculaura costume will be awesome. :)

    I'm feeling a bit worried about NaNo too but I figure even if I don't make it all the way to 50,000 I'll still have something written, which is better than where I started. But it's definitely leaving me a little frazzled. Good luck to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to your daughter too, Cecilia. Here's hoping we meet our Nano goals.Elections messed me up yesterday and today my girls have half day at school, so we went winter clothes shopping. I made it to 1000 today, but plan to make it to 2000 or 3000 in the next 3hrs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I sympathize with your NaNo frustration -- but 32 Euros for a doll??!! Holy cow! That boggles my mind. I guess I should abandon writing and go into the doll-making business. :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cecilia, I'm struggling as I try to stay on track with NaNo. Keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Martina,
    Oh yeah, a Goodreads meeting will be great! good luck to you too:)

    Kelly,
    Wow, Kelly,2 novels? I'm in awe. I seriously need to know your secret, :) Good luck!

    Julie
    Thank you! Oh, you are right about that. I'm at 7000 it's better than where I was three days ago. Good luck to you too:)

    Ednah,
    Thanks! Wow, 3000 is pretty good! I'll be doing my winter shopping this weekend as well.

    Lexa
    Oh I know what you mean! doll-making seems like a very lucrative business..LOL 32 Euros is a HUGE amount.

    Peaches
    Thanks! Good luck to you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, cute blog and good luck with NaNo! Found you on Lexa's site:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, Lindsay. And thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete