Wednesday 20 November 2013

Writers Wednesday -- Conflict vs Tension reblogged

So I decided to do this post today to share with you some links/or link I found on the web on writing.

Writers helping Writers: I really love this site. I bought Emotion Thesauraus written by Angela Ackerman and Becca Puglisi (Writers helping Writers) and let me tell you, this is one of the best writing resources out there. So today I wanted to share with you one of their posts on Conflict Vs Tension.  Sometimes I really struggle with that,  so when I read this post, I was like...

supernatural gifs photo: OMG 2qta0xj.gif


A snippet of the post: ....TENSION in literature is important because it evokes emotion in the reader. Think of it in terms of real-life tension–that tight, stretched feeling in your belly that makes you all jittery. This is what you want your reader to feel in every single scene of your story. Tension connects the reader with the character and most of the time will keep them reading to the end of the book....


Want to experience the full awesomeness of this post? Check out Conflict vs. Tension.



9 comments:

  1. Couldn't agree more. Tension is key to keeping the reader invested in the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could stare at that gif all day. Hilarious CeCe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL..me too! I keep coming back to this post to stare..:D

      Delete
  3. I think I *have* been staring at the gif for the whole day :) So very fun! And I am seriously going to buy the emotional thesaurus. I've been meaning to for ages, but revisions today are going to need it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love Dean and Sam gifs. :) The Emotional Thesaurus is just...awesome! The next one is Negative Thesaurus, and I'm buying it --or slip it nicely in a conversation. :D Really useful!

      Delete
  4. An Emotional Thesaurus? Just knowing that something like that even exists has me psyched! I can't wait to hop over and read the entire post on tension.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh it's really really good! You should get it when you get a chance. :)

      Delete