Friday 6 April 2012

F for Florence 


Florence is one of those cities I've marked up in my '1001 places to visit list when I'll eventually have enough time to travel. I've lived in Austria close to eight years now. It'd take me a few hours by flight, car or by train to Italy. Well, about 5 hours by car to the border, but for some reason, when I make plans, I end up cancelling them. One day, I keep saying, I'll get there.  I will.
Reasons why I'd love to visit Florence, the birth place of Renaissance and classical art.

 - The city's medieval art and architecture - I'm obsessed with the design and facade of medieval buildings










Narrow Sidewalks in Florence I love the historical-sy feel 



Experience the culture

Not to mention the various events celebrated in Italy throughout the year from Epiphany -
Epiphany commemorates the arrival of the Three Kings in Bethlehem to Festa di Santa Reparata



Would love to visit Uffizi Gallery, the oldest gallery in the world. Imagine all the wonderful things inside just waiting patiently to be ooh-ed and aaah-ed at.



What about you? Ever been to Florence? Or any city begining with an F?

1 comment:

  1. I've never been but my mother and sister have, they both fell in love with it! I hope you get to go there soon.

    ReplyDelete