Wednesday 14 December 2011

2012 Multicultural Book Challenge




Welcome to the 2012 Multi-Cultural Book Challenge hosted by Truly Bookish and One Page At A Time where fabulous YA books written by multi-cultural/ethnic minorities OR featuring multi-cultural/ethnic minories as main characters will be featured in 2012.


I have to say that I was truly pleased about KM's invite from One Page At A Time through Goodreads about participating in this challenge. 


Being a reader and a writer, I'd say there are not so many books featuring multi-cultural MCs. Recently I read Farsighted by Emlyn Chand where the MC and his lady love  the MC is American and his lady love is of Indian origin, and the Teaks are African American (thanks Ms. Chand) I thoroughly enjoyed reading the book, and I have been searching for books featuring/written by multi-cultural characters. I really look forward to reading more, through mingling and getting to know other bloggers/writers who will be participating in this challenge.


On that note, my novel 'Grim Reaper's Novice (The Soul Collector Series) features a female MC of African descent, and it is set in Vienna where I am currently living with my lovelies. Unfortunately my the book is no longer published through the  publisher. I'm working on getting it out there.  It was the first installment of about 5300 words, and was to be published in short stories form, and later compiled to a novel. I will be giving away the first installment real soon.


Oh, here is my Multicultural Book Challenge list (Ha-ha KM I'll just go ahead and copy some of yours) I'll be adding more later.


1. Tiger's Series, by Colleen Houck (Indian)  read
2. Silver Phoenix, by Cindy Pon (Asian)
3. Fury of the Phoenix, by Cindy Pon (Asian)
4. The Book of Wonders by Jasmine Richards (African American) 

5. Shadow of the Moon, by Zoe Marriott (Asian)
6. Night Sky, by Jolene B. Perry (Native American) read
7. Magic Under Glass, by Jaclyn Dolamore (African American)
8. Legend, by Marie Lu (Asian)
9. Spirit's Princess, by Esther M. Friesner (Asian)
10. The Broken Lake, by Shelena Shorts (Latino)
11. Shatter Me, by Tahereh Mafi (Iranian) read

12.Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff


If you would like to participate in this awesome challenge, please go to  NC @ Truly Bookish or One Page At A Time, write a post on your blog, and sign up on the linky list and grab the shiny cute button created by Kristin Creative and display it proudly on your blog *smile*. 




Multiculturally Yours,


CeCe



2 comments:

  1. What an excellent challenge, CeCe! Thank you for the shout-out to Farsighted. Alex isn't Indian, but Simmi is. The Teaks are of African-American descent as well. I'm currently reading the Tiger Series (saw it on your list), and, Gosh, I love it! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right? I'm really looking forward to this challenge. My copy of Tiger's Curse should be arriving any day now, and I'm excited!
    Ouch! I'm really sorry about the post. For some reason, in my mind he was of mixed origin (American-Indian).Thanks, Em. And thanks for stopping by and commenting.

    ReplyDelete